Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is soooo gooood in the summertime!
Make and share this Lime Granita recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice (12-14 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest (1 lime)
- 3 cups water
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice and zest.
- Pour mixture into a shallow metal cake pan and freeze, crushing and stirring the lumps with a fork every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours, or until it has a slushy, granular texture.
- Serve immediately.
Oh yeah...... This is clears the palata and will refresh you more than any other drink. I made this with unflavored sparkling water. I can imagine how this would be just the perfect summer refreshment. This is a keeper!
Perfect. Based on the other reviews and that I didn't want to make as large a quantity, these were the proportions I used: 1/2 c. sugar 3/4 c. fresh lime juice (6 limes) 2 tsp. grated lime zest (1 lime) 1 1/2 c. water The taste was delightfully tart, very lime-y, and with just the right tang and texture of a true granita. Thanks!
Tart is my middle name and this was right up my alley! Soooooo goooood is right!