Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I am not a big cheesecake fan, but this is absolutely scrumptious! It is definitely one of my favorite desserts. I can never get enough of it. An added bonus is that it is super-easy to make! It's not at all tart, as some lemon recipes are, and the cream cheese flavor is just enough. Delicious! It's perfect for pot-lucks, get-togethers...anything! It does require refrigeration before serving; cook time includes refrigeration time.
- To make bottom layer:.
- Mix flour, margarine, and chopped nuts together and spread evenly in 9" x 13" x 2.5" pan.
- Bake 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
- To make second layer:.
- Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip in mixer.
- Spread over crust.
- To make third layer:.
- Mix pudding according to package directions (using 3 Celsius milk for 2 packages) and pour immediately into pan.
- To make top layer:.
- Spread remaining 9 oz. Cool Whip on top of other layers.
This is really easy to make, and has such a great, light lemony flavor. The crust is great, and without sugar! I used pecans. I also made this lighter by using light cream cheese, and used Splenda instead of powdered sugar, and sugar-free pudding mix. I cut recipe in half and made it in a 8-inch cake pan. I am going to make it with chocolate pudding next time! Thanks for posting.