1/2 Photos of Lemon Ice Cream
4 hrs 20 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
I found this recipe in an old issue of Taste of Home. It was originally submitted by a lady from San Angelo, Texas. I love the flavor and texture of this ice cream. A real summer-time treat on a hot Texas evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and gelatin; mix well.
- 2Add half-and-half, lemon juice, and extracts; beat until smooth.
- 3Fold in whipped cream.
- 4Stir in enough milk, so that mixture measures 1 gallon.
- 5Add food coloring if desired.
- 6Freeze in batches according to manufacturer's directions.
- 7Refrigerate extra mixture until it can be frozen.
- 8Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in your regular freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- 9Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving, so it softens enough to scoop.
- 10~NOTE~Prep-time includes mixing the ingredients.
- 11Cook-time includes freezing in ice cream maker and ripening in freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5699.6
- Calories from Fat 2203
- Total Fat 244.8 g
- Saturated Fat 152.6 g
- Cholesterol 871.9 mg
- Sodium 1894.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 811.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 678.1 g
- Protein 96.9 g