I found this recipe in an old issue of Taste of Home. It was originally submitted by a lady from San Angelo, Texas. I love the flavor and texture of this ice cream. A real summer-time treat on a hot Texas evening.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and gelatin; mix well.
- Add half-and-half, lemon juice, and extracts; beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Stir in enough milk, so that mixture measures 1 gallon.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Freeze in batches according to manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate extra mixture until it can be frozen.
- Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in your regular freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving, so it softens enough to scoop.
- ~NOTE~Prep-time includes mixing the ingredients.
- Cook-time includes freezing in ice cream maker and ripening in freezer.