"In my search for the perfect mocha cheesecake, I ended up combining a few of my favorite recipes to create this delicious version. It's as much a feast for the eyes as for the palate!" Submitted to taste of home by Sue Gronholz.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan. In a small bowl, combine the coffee granules, water and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion; pour over crust. Stir coffee mixture into the remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with coffee beans if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Outstanding. I agree with another reviewer about this needing longer baking time at higher heat. Next time I'll bake it at 350 for 60-70 minutes. Remember, if you're dying to try it but don't want to be responsible for all of the calories, cheesecakes freeze beautifully. Slice, insert some waxed paper between slices, cover with plastic wrap till frozen. Remove bottom of pan and rewrap in foil. Impressive to have on hand for unexpected company or as a special dessert.
I too have "searched the world over" for the perfect mocha cheesecake receipe and this is it. One thing I would advise as a cheesecake addict is to precook your crust at 375 for 10 minutes reduce to 350 for cake and allow crust to cool completely. I also have discovered that an equal mixture of graham crumbs, chocolate crumbs and either groung hazlenuts,almonds or pecans actually add an intense yet subtle flavour that adds to the rich decadence of this absolutely delectable dessert. Thanks Bunches
POSITIVELY SINFUL! I have made this 2 years in a row as our Valentine treat/indulgence. Definitely watch the cooking time; the 2nd time I made it I think it was a tad undercooked and thus not totally set in the center.