You will *LOVE* this and no ice cream machine needed to make this delicious sherbet, this is just as good as the store bought! lime or orange works well also, I have tryed strawberry also but it is just not as good, haven't tryed it yet but you might want to add in some pureed fruit to the mixture --- This is habit forming once you start you won't be able to stop, I can eat the whole pan myself, it is *that* delicious --- you can make different flavored layers just make certain that the first layer is completely frozen before topping with the next layer, for layers you will need a 13 x 9-inch pan :)
- In a heat-proof bowl dissolve the Jello gelatin powder with boiling water and 3/4 cup sugar until NO granules remain (this might take a few minutes).
- Add in whipping cream or evaporated milk or table cream and 2 cups milk; sir until completely dissolved.
- Add in more sugar if desired to taste and stir until combined.
- Pour into an 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- Freeze until solid (about 5 hours.
- Let stand 8-10 minutes before serving.
- Store tightly covered with foil or remove to a plastic container and cover.