Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I made this for my son when he was small and I still make it, it's so good and so easy just mix and freeze! ---two packages Kool-Aid should be fine but I always use 2-1/2 packages for a stronger flavor, I make this using either cherry, lime, orange, raspberry or strawberry Kool-Aid -- for reduced fat use all low-fat or fat-free milk but it will not be as creamy --- WARNING, this is very addicting be prepared to eat half at one sitting, servings are only esitmated :)
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients vigorously until no sugar granules remain (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in more sugar if needed.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9-inch dish.
- Freeze until frozen (about 5 hours).
- Scoop out of dish as needed, or scoop the entire mixture into a plastic container then cover with a lid.
My nephew & niece loved this! (I did too!) I mixed it up just as listed, but served it a bit different. I cut it into chunks & mixed it up in my magic bullet with a little non fat milk for milkshakes.
I saw this recipe and had to jump on it. I bought the ingredients and made it this weekend. I made black cherry flavor (simply because I love anything black cherry and the kool aid black cherry is wonderful) I did use two and 1/2 packages, and I did sub splenda for the sugar. It froze really hard (I had to soften it in the microvave)I'm not sure if that was from the splenda. It will be made repeatedly. It was a wonderful low calorie alternative. It almost tasted like frozen yogurt.