2 hrs 20 mins
I do not know where I found this recipe originally. I've had it for over 15 years and it's a keeper but where it came from...is unknown. If you love key lime pie, you'll love this mousse.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup key lime juice or 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 lime
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 honey graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a mixing bowl, soak the gelatin in warm water until it softens and dissolves, stirring occasionally. Gradually stir the lime juice and zest into the gelatin and set mixture aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt at high speed until thick and foamy, 7-10 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in key lime mixture.
- 3Cover bowl and refrigerate until mixture begins to set but is still liquidy- approx 1 hour.
- 4Whip 1 cup of whipping cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into key lime mixture.
- 5Pour half the key lime mixture into a large bowl and sprinkle a layer of crushed graham cracker crumbs on top, reserving 3 tablespoons. Fill bowl with remaining key lime mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 6Before serving, whip remaining cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Pipe or spoon cream on mousse and sprinkle remaining graham cracker crumbs on top.
- 7Garnish with sliced limes.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 142.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: