I've been making this easy dessert for more than 20 years. I love it just as much now, as the first time I made it! You can make it with lemon or orange jello, too.
- Mix crust ingredients, save aside 2 tablespoons.
- Press rest on bottom of 13x9 greased glass dish or pan.
- Dissolve jell-o in boiling water, cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla,.
- Slowly beat in jell-o.
- Beat/fold in Cool Whip.
- Beat in 3-4 drops green food coloring.
- Spoon over crust, smooth top.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Chill til set, 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with more Cool Whip and a maraschino cherry.