Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crunchy chinese noodles and marshmallow make the cutest little nests for your Easter table. Try one at each place setting. Kids will really love them!
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups crunchy chow mein noodles
- cooking spray
- jelly beans (or any egg shaped candy)
- Over medium heat, combine marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan.
- Stir until melted.
- Add noodles and stir to completely coat the noodles.
- Spray 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- With buttered hands place about 1 tablespoon of mixture into muffin cups and shape with hands to form"nests".
- Refrigerate til set.
- Fill nests with jelly beans.
I replaced the jelly beans with chocolate eggs with a colorful hardshell. They tasted delicious! And were sooo cute!
I was a little heavy handed on the size of the nests, so mine only made 8, but it was a lot of fun. Also, I combined the chow mein noodles with kashi golean cereal...has some neat little shapes that look like various things a bird would use for a nest. Thanks for the inspiration and great idea...my son and I had a blast and have little gifts for his friends.
I love this recipe. It is similar to one that I've made for several years, but this recipe has more marshmallow coating, so I was much happier with it. At our house the Easter Bunny leaves the nests on the Easter breakfast table for everyone to enjoy in the morning. I made these in the microwave by melting the butter first, then adding the marshmallows and cooking until they were melted (about 45 seconds), finally mixing in the noodles. Instead of large muffin tins, I used the mini cupcake tin and the small jelly beans. This made for a treat that was about the right size for us. This is such a great surprise for the kids in the morning and the adults look forward to it as well. Thanks for posting this, it's an Easter tradition and a recipe I never want to lose!