Beautiful to look at and tastes so heavenly!! Soft and cottony texture with delicate flavor. Not too sweet, but just right. This is 3 different recipes I put together and made my own. Surprisingly very easy to put together!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 7 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (don't use flour)
- 2 tablespoons green tea powder (matcha)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Gently combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter in a medium bowl.
- Spread to the edges of 9" spring form pan.
- Prick all over with a fork, then bake 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees F until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a rack.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese with milk to soften.
- Add half of the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- Dissolve matcha powder with 2 tablespoons of boiling water and mix until very smooth, no lumps; and mix into cream cheese mixture.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and cream of tartar into the whites, beating on high speed until soft peaks form, about 8-10 minutes.
- Gradually fold beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- Pour into cake pan and smooth the surface.
- Wrap the cake pan with large aluminum foil.
- Place cake pan into a larger roasting pan and place in lower rack of oven.
- Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come half way up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until a pick inserted in the middle of the center comes out clean.
- Mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla well.
- Pour on top of cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and keep in the oven for the next hour with the oven door slightly open.
- Refrigerate overnight.