1/3 Photos of Japanese Style Matcha Cheesecake With Shortbread Crust
1 hr 25 mins
Japanese Delight's Note:
Beautiful to look at and tastes so heavenly!! Soft and cottony texture with delicate flavor. Not too sweet, but just right. This is 3 different recipes I put together and made my own. Surprisingly very easy to put together!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (don't use flour)
- 2 tablespoons green tea powder (matcha)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2Gently combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter in a medium bowl.
- 3Spread to the edges of 9" spring form pan.
- 4Prick all over with a fork, then bake 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees F until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a rack.
- 6Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Beat cream cheese with milk to soften.
- 8Add half of the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- 9Dissolve matcha powder with 2 tablespoons of boiling water and mix until very smooth, no lumps; and mix into cream cheese mixture.
- 10Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy.
- 11Gradually add remaining sugar and cream of tartar into the whites, beating on high speed until soft peaks form, about 8-10 minutes.
- 12Gradually fold beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- 13Pour into cake pan and smooth the surface.
- 14Wrap the cake pan with large aluminum foil.
- 15Place cake pan into a larger roasting pan and place in lower rack of oven.
- 16Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come half way up the side of the cake pan.
- 17Bake 35-40 minutes, until a pick inserted in the middle of the center comes out clean.
- 19Mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla well.
- 20Pour on top of cheesecake and spread evenly.
- 21Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
- 22Turn off the oven and keep in the oven for the next hour with the oven door slightly open.
- 23Refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Style Matcha Cheesecake With Shortbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.4 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea powder