1/1 Photo of Jack Fry's Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
This recipe looks so delicious! It was given to the Courier Journal Newspaper by a chef that worked at Jack Fry's Restaurant in Louisville, KY and I just happened to come across it by chance! I do not have an ice cream freezer yet myself, so I don't know how long the passive cooking (freezing) time would be. I wanted to save this recipe for the day when I do get an ice cream freezer...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, bring cream to a simmer. Place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- 2Slowly beat the hot cream into the egg yolks. Pour the mixture back into the pan, and place over low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the custard thickens slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil or eggs will scramble. Remove from heat.
- 3Pour hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl. Allow the custard to cool slightly. Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 4Stir the cold custard well, then freeze in your ice-cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 5Fold the marshmallow cream and crumbled graham crackers into the ice cream when it is finished.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack Fry's Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.2
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 236.5 mg
- Sodium 160.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 58.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g