I found this recipe a while ago and decided to share. It is so rich--the recipe originally called for nuts, but honestly you do not need them. This fudge is heavenly and besides, not everyone likes nuts. Of course you may add them by stirring in the fudge mixture or pressing into topping. I hope you enjoy! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup irish cream
The Truffle topping
- 1To make: Melt the chocolates together, stirring until smooth; remove from burner.
- 2Blend in the 2 tbsp butter then Irish cream, beating until smooth.
- 3When fudge is even, spread over and chill.
- 4Spray a 8-inch square pan with cooking spray, setting aside for now.
- 5In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter until soft the smooth.
- 6You do NOT want to over-heat!
- 7Stir mixture.
- 8Combine the chocolate mixture with the sugar and cream.
- 9Continue stirring until mixture is smooth.
- 10Pour mixture into pan.
- 11Smooth the top of fudge by laying piece of plastic wrap, pressing carefully and evenly.
- 12Prepare the topping as noted above.
- 13Evenly spread topping over fudge and chill for a few hours before cutting.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Cream Double Chocolate Truffle Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6900.9
- Calories from Fat 2958
- Total Fat 328.7 g
- Saturated Fat 199.4 g
- Cholesterol 257.0 mg
- Sodium 858.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 958.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 46.0 g
- Sugars 863.4 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: