1 hr 10 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
Here's another recipe from the newsletter I receive. A different version of bread pudding. This one I will also make for St. Paddy's Day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb white bread, cubed
- 6 ounces melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Line a large, deep roasting pan with dish towels.
- 3Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- 4Place rack in the center of oven.
- 5Drizzle the melted butter over bread cubes and place them in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- 6Scald the milk and cream.
- 7Mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the hot milk and cream.
- 8Pour this custard over the bread cubes.
- 9Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg (go easy on the nutmeg).
- 10Place baking pan in roasting pan and set on oven rack.
- 11Pour boiling water into roasting pan until it comes at least halfway up the sides of the baking pan.
- 12Bake in a water bath until set, about 40 minutes.
- 13Serve warm with whisky sauce.
- 14You'll only need 1/2 the recipe for the sauce, or make only 1/2 the recipe.
- 15Whiskey Sauce:.
- 16Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- 17When bubbling, whisk in sugar but do not bring to boil.
- 18In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks.
- 19When the sugar is melted, slowly whisk the yolks into the sugar mixture.
- 20Remove from heat.
- 21Slowly whisk in the whisky and drizzle over bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.6
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.5 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g