Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here's another recipe from the newsletter I receive. A different version of bread pudding. This one I will also make for St. Paddy's Day!
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a large, deep roasting pan with dish towels.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- Place rack in the center of oven.
- Drizzle the melted butter over bread cubes and place them in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Scald the milk and cream.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the hot milk and cream.
- Pour this custard over the bread cubes.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg (go easy on the nutmeg).
- Place baking pan in roasting pan and set on oven rack.
- Pour boiling water into roasting pan until it comes at least halfway up the sides of the baking pan.
- Bake in a water bath until set, about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with whisky sauce.
- You'll only need 1/2 the recipe for the sauce, or make only 1/2 the recipe.
- Whiskey Sauce:.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- When bubbling, whisk in sugar but do not bring to boil.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks.
- When the sugar is melted, slowly whisk the yolks into the sugar mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly whisk in the whisky and drizzle over bread pudding.
good i trimmed it back cause i didnt need 20 servings lol dee