1/1 Photo of Irish Bread and Butter Pudding
1 hr 20 mins
chez patty's Note:
this recipe was sent to me by an internet friend from ireland, thanks r2d2! we tried it tonight, and everyone had seconds!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 x 8 inch pottery or china dish.
- 2Butter the bread and arrange four slices, buttered side down ,in a single layer in the dish. Sprinkle the bread with nutmeg and half sultanas. Arrange another layer of bread, buttered side down, over the fruit, and sprinkle the remaining nutmeg and sultanas on top. Cover with the remaining bread, again buttered side down.
- 3In a bowl, whisk eggs, add cream , milk , vanilla , sugar . Pour the mixture over the bread through a fine sieve. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the top and let it stand, covered loosely at room temperature for at least one hour, or chill overnight.
- 4Place in a bain-marie … the water should go halfway up the sides of the baking dish and bake in the middle of the oven ( 180c /350f/ gas 4) for about one hour until the top is crisp and golden. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.6
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 206.7 mg
- Sodium 330.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g