- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 4 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 3 pinches mixed spice
- 2⁄3 cup water, Cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 8 ice cubes
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa powder, Sweetened
- 3 -4 cinnamon sticks
- lime slice (optional)
- chocolate, Grated (optional)
- Dissolve coffee and brown sugar in boiling water.
- Add cinnamon and Mixed Spice. Add cold water and stir well.
- Add milk, vanilla and whipping cream.
- Whisk lightly until evenly combined.
- Put 2 ice cubes into each glass.
- Half fill with coffee mixture. Add a scoop of ice cream to each glass and top up with remaining coffee. Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks, lime slices and grated chocolate, if desired.
- Serve at once with long-handled spoons.
- VARIATION: For a sweeter version, increase brown sugar to taste. If desired, top each with a little whipped cream.
This is a refreshing drink for any season! I quartered the recipe as I was the only one drinking it but I can see serving this as a instead of dessert drink at a summer get together with family or friends! Or as a late afternoon pick-me up. Thanks for posting! This recipe was tagged for the Comfort Cafe's January 2009 tag game.