This is an old family favourite and has been made ever since my grandmother was knee high to a grasshopper. You won't be able to stop at one piece :o)
- Bring the honey to a boil and cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat until fluffy, then beat in the honey.
- Sift flour with dry ingredients, add in alternately with sour cream, and stir in nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Bake in a tube pan (or a cookie sheet) at 325F (163C) until done, about 50-55 minutes.
- Lower heat to 300F (150C) in final stages of baking to prevent honey from burning.