1/1 Photo of Healthy Deep Dark Chocolate Muffins
TaterBug! :)'s Note:
This is my recipe for a dark, deep, moist, intensely chocolate muffin. And it is actually healthy and high in fiber! I recommend using whole wheat pastry flour in this recipe, Bob's Red Mill make a great one. The pastry flour makes all of the difference in the world as well as the instant espresso which intensifies the chocolate flavor by leaps and bounds, enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, hot strong brewed coffee,splenda (or stevia), baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- 3In another bowl, add the buttermilk, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla; whisk until blended.
- 4Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until well combined, do not overmix.
- 5Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Deep Dark Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 346.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: