Lately I have been fasinated with grilled pineapple. This is something I created after not finding what I wanted with other recipes. Perfect for a summer barbecue or picnic. Hope you enjoy it!
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Oil the grate.
- Cut the rind off the pineapple, leaving the green leaves intact.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise through the leaves as well as the fruit to obtain 8 slender wedges of pineapple with leaves intact.
- Trim the core off each pineapple wedge.
- Have the melted butter in one shallow bowl; mix the sugar,cinnamon and cloves in another bowl.
- Dip each wedge of pineapple first in melted butter, then in the sugar mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Grill the pineapple wedges until browned and sizzling, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pineapple wedges to plates or a platter.
- Serve with ice cream.