1/2 Photos of Grilled Fresh Figs on Rosemary Skewers
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe was posted in one of our local newspapers and it was so good I just had to share it with ZAAR.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Strip the leaves from the bottom of the rosemary stems, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of leaves at the tip.
- 2Finely chop 2 tablespoons of the stripped rosemary leaves and set them aside.
- 3Place the stems in a bowl and add cold water to cover; soak for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Drain the stems and pat them dry with paper towelling.
- 5Skewer 2 fig halves crosswise on each rosemary stem.
- 6Arrange the skewers on a plate with the cut sides of the figs facing up.
- 7In a small bowl, mix together honey and lemon juice.
- 8Brush the honey/lemon mixture over the cut side of the figs.
- 9Preheat the broiler or grill to medium-high.
- 10Grill or broil the figs until they are lightly browned and softened, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 11Sprinkle evenly with the reserved rosemary leaves and some black pepper.
- 12Serve on the skewers while still hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fresh Figs on Rosemary Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: