This recipe was posted in one of our local newspapers and it was so good I just had to share it with ZAAR.
- Strip the leaves from the bottom of the rosemary stems, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of leaves at the tip.
- Finely chop 2 tablespoons of the stripped rosemary leaves and set them aside.
- Place the stems in a bowl and add cold water to cover; soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the stems and pat them dry with paper towelling.
- Skewer 2 fig halves crosswise on each rosemary stem.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate with the cut sides of the figs facing up.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and lemon juice.
- Brush the honey/lemon mixture over the cut side of the figs.
- Preheat the broiler or grill to medium-high.
- Grill or broil the figs until they are lightly browned and softened, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle evenly with the reserved rosemary leaves and some black pepper.
- Serve on the skewers while still hot.