Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very unique sweet. Nice pale green in colour, extremely light and refreshing. From Marie Claire Style "Sweet" cookbook by Jody Vassallo. Does not include freezing time.
- Add green tea, milk, cream and sugar in a pan and heat slowly till sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is about to boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to"brew" for 10 minutes.
- Strain the infusion back into a clean pan.
- Soak the gelatine in 3 tablespoons of warm water until it is spongy.
- Whisk into the cream mixture and heat gently until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour into 4 lightly greased 150ml (5 fl oz) moulds or chinese teacups.
- Refrigerate till they are set.
- Serve them in the pretty teacups when ready, or turn them out onto individual plates.
I made this for my neighbor and had to borrow some of her special stash of green tea to make it. I tasted it and didn't particularly care for it, but I don't like tea. My neighbor and her husband loved it and raved about the recipe. It worked just as directed.
What a great idea.Havent made this yet but thanks for the inspiration.I have some Matcha Tea in the cupboard already!