Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Green tea mousse is a cool dessert. This recipe uses maccha green tea powder. **Please note: Prep Time is cook time and Cook Time is chill time.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, powder
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon macha green tea powder
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- Dissolve gelatine powder in 4 tbsps of water and set aside.
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Heat milk in a pan and dissolve the gelatine in the milk. Gradually add the milk in the egg mixture.
- Dissolve green tea powder in 3 tbsps of warm water. Add the green tea in the egg and milk mixture and stir well, cooling the bowl in ice water.
- Further, add whipped heavy cream in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into cups or glasses and chill them in the refrigerator minimum of 2 hours.
Delicious and very easy to make, even my very health conscious roommate loved it. Thanks for sharing this recipe : )
It taste okay, but somehow the egg and green tea mixture thicken and cannot be mixed well with whipped cream.