In the little village where I go to school, they have this amazing "posh b and b". and they do the most amazing food, but their flapjacks are outstanding and we get them every week. i was determined to find a recipe similar and so i messed around a bit and got a recipe which my family thinks are better. these are to die for...a must try
- pre heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius grease and base line a 20cm round cake tin.
- to measure the golden syrup easier, measure the sugar first, keep it in the scales and pour the syrup on top to avoid sticking to plate.
- put butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until butter has melted and sugar dissolved.
- remove from heat and stir in oats.
- pour into lined tin and press down with back of a spoon until is surface is level.
- bake in oven about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- remove from oven and loosen from the sides of the tin with a palette knife and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- tip out onto board, remove paper and cut into even wedges, leave to cool completely.
This was a very easy recipe - much easier than others I have tried - and the result was fantastic. They were crunchy-chewy and didn't crumble into bits. Great recipe!
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous !! We are mad on oats in our house and half of this was gone before it cooled down - I had some remaining crumbs on top of fruit and yoghurt . I have made this sort of thing in the past but misplaced the recipe so it is wonderful to have found it and now I have it forever thanks to Perfect Pixie.