Top pancakes, French toast, cheese cakes or ice cream whatever your heart desires. Enjot alone or you can top the strawberries with whipped cream and garnish with fresh herbs.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb strawberry, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon limoncello lemon-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 sprig fresh lavender (optional) or 1 sprig fresh rosemary (optional) or 1 sprig fresh sage leaves (optional) or 1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- Mix cornstarch with a bit of water to make a slurry.
- Place remaining ingredients into a pot over medium low heat stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Remove herbs and discard.
- Add slurry and cook till thickened.
- Enjoy on top of whatever pleases you!