Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 15 mins
My husband loves German chocolate cake and fudge...this way he can enjoy both pleasures at once. This is very rich so a little goes a long way. Prep time includes 2 hours for chilling.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with greased aluminum foil that extends over two sides. Combine chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate softens, stirring after 1st minute then ever 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture until chocolate melts.
- Stir in pecans, coconut and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1" squares.
First off, just so you know, there's no way you're cutting this 8"x8" square of fudge into 1" pieces & come up with 24 pieces. I ended up with almost 50 pieces! But, that's not the important thing here ~ What's really paramount here is that THIS FUDGE IS A FABULOUS ~ GREAT TASTING ~ WONDERFUL, & if you're like me, you'll eat most of it yourself anyway! Thanks so much for sharing a great keeper (the recipe, that is, 'cause the fudge is gone in no time at all)! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]