1/1 Photo of German Chocolate Cheesecake
1 hr 25 mins
My husband loves German Chocolate Cake and cheesecake. He nearly flipped when he set eyes on this luscious cheesecake. Who says you can't have it all? A couple of tips--beat batter gently as over beating can cause the cheesecake to puff up and then fall and crack. Also don't test if it is done by inserting a knife--gently shake the pan. The center should appear nearly set although it might jiggle just slightly in the middle inch. You definitely don't want to overcook! From "Heartland Baking" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, coconut and pecans.
- 3Press evenly into bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 4Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- 7In a saucepan, melt the chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat; cool.
- 9In large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, sour cream and vanilla with electric mixer until thoroughly combined.
- 10Add the flour and beat well.
- 11Add the eggs and cooled chocolate all at once; beat on low speed until just combined.
- 12Spoon into cooled crust.
- 13Place on shallow baking pan in oven.
- 14Bake at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- 15Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 16Loosen cake from sides of pan.
- 17Cool 30 minutes longer; remove sides of pan.
- 18Cool completely on wire rack.
- 19To make Coconut-Pecan Topping: In small saucepan, melt butter.
- 20Stir in brown sugar, half and half and corn syrup.
- 21Cook and stir over medium heat until it is bubbly.
- 22Stir in coconut, pecans and vanilla.
- 23Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- 24Spread Coconut-Pecan Topping over cheesecake.
- 25Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
- 26Garnish with pecan halves dipped half-way in chocolate.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.9
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 330.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g