Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Moist, rich cheesecake...and its not bad for you. Based on a recipe my aunt received while living in Germany. You can flavor it with a different extract, or stir in berries, chocolate chips, etc. I normally top it with homemade blueberry sauce. The fat free cream cheese does yield a slightly different taste than full fat, but its hardly noticeable. I use the splenda that measures cup for cup like sugar. The crust is optional.
- For the crust: Cream applesauce, splenda, and the egg white; add flour. (You may need a tiny bit more applesauce - the consistency should resemble cookie dough.) Spread in the bottom of a 9" spring form pan and bake for 5 minutes at 450, remove and cool slightly.
- For the filling: Cream the cream cheese, add splenda slowly, and vanilla. Cream in egg whites, add milk and flour.
- Pour onto crust, and bake 10 minutes at 450; reduce the heat to 250 and bake an additional 60 minutes (or until center tests done.).
- Cool to room temp, the refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.
- Note: My mom just tosses all of the ingredients into the mixer at once, but I think it comes out creamier if you mix them as listed.
- To make blueberry sauce, place about 2 cups of frozen berries over medium heat, add 1/2 cup splenda (to taste) and simmer for 10 minutes (or until thickened.) Cool, and spread over room temperature cheesecake.
I thought it was incredible! Especially for being so healthy. However, my family didn't quite agree. Oh well. more for me. Thanks for posting.