Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another one of my Dad's recipes. This is a specialty cheesecake - guaranteed to bring in rave reviews!!
- 11 graham crackers, finely ground up
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix together crust ingredients and place in bottom of springform pan.
- Bake in oven 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees (Edges will brown lightly).
- Allow to cool slightly.
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and cornstarch.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in orange juice concentrate, peach schnapps, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet and shiny.
- Note: If center still looks wet, bake longer in 10 minute increments - usually 20 minutes longer will work).
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- ORANGE MARMALADE GLAZE:.
- In small saucepan stir together all the glaze ingredients.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Carefully pour over chilled cheesecake (Note: Cheesecake must completely cooled before putting on glaze or it will sink to the bottom).
- Chill until serving time.
Very good!!! I made this for Easter and it was a big hit with everyone! I made this as written and it went together very quick and easy. Thanks for posting this one!!! I know I will be making it again!
HOLY SMOKES !!! A very fantastic recipe. A very enjoyable dessert. I used fat free butter, other than that recipe was made as posted. One of the best desserts Iwe have had in a very long time. This is a definate keeper. Made for AUZ/NZ swap #26. Thanks for posting .
OMG this cheesecake is to die for!! In my family we are all cheesecake lovers and we are always looking for different ways of making it. This recipe is our top 5 fav's! Thanks so much for submitting it.