1/2 Photos of Frozen Pineapple Dream
1 hr 58 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Deb's Recipes's Note:
A creamy & refreshing summertime dessert you are sure to enjoy! It would be lovely served at a bridal shower. Individual servings are very pretty presented with whipped cream and a little pineapple ice cream topping. While creating this RSC #12 Contest entry, my objective was to come up with something like an orange creamsicle only made with the combination of pineapple and vanilla flavors. Frozen Pineapple Dream was the deliciously addicting result. I kept this dessert tightly covered in the freezer and ready to serve at a moment's notice. That way we had many opportunities to enjoy the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 graham crackers (1 cellophane sleeve or 5.33 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar (half Splenda & half sugar may be used)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- 5 -6 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- optional pineapple topping (optional)
- additional whipped cream (optional)
- 1Crush graham crackers into 1 1/3 cups crumbs and combine them with sugar & butter.
- 2Press evenly across bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- 3Bake graham crust at 350°F for 8 minutes then set aside to cool.
- 4Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- 5In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin powder over pineapple juice and allow to stand for 2 minutes until dissolved, then microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and let stand another 2 minutes until slightly thickened, then stir back into the pineapple.
- 6In a large bowl, cream together mascarpone cheese & Splenda until smooth and fold into pineapple.
- 7Add sherbet & food coloring to pineapple and stir until evenly mixed (You may place mixture into the freezer for a few minutes if it seems too thin - My sherbet was too soft and so I put my pineapple/sherbet mixture in the freezer for about 15 minutes at this point until it was just about as thick as the whipped topping).
- 8Gently fold in whipped topping and pour evenly over cooled graham crust.
- 9Cover and freeze for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until you are ready for dessert.
- 10Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes in advance of cutting into individual squares which may be decorated with optional pineapple ice cream topping and additional whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Pineapple Dream
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: