1/4 Photos of French Chocolate Ice Cream
2 hrs 30 mins
This makes a very rich and creamy chocolate ice cream. Be sure for best flavor, to use a premium, high quality chocolate. If you do not like the bitter taste of the chocolate, be sure to add extra sugar (you can add up to 1 full cup). The Cook Time reflects freezing. Note: To make Belgian chocolate ice cream, stir in 1/4 cup rum or 1 tsp rum extract and 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts. To make Mandarin Chocolate ice cream, add 1 TBS grated orange rind and 1/2 tsp orange extract or 2 TBS orange liqueur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk in medium saucepan.
- 2Stir in chocolate, continue stirring until chocolate is melted.
- 3In another bowl, combine sugar with flour; stir in a little hot milk/chocolate mixture, add beaten egg to chocolate mixture; then add egg mixture to milk/chocolate.
- 4Stir over low heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 5Cool in refrigerator at least 1 hour, or until well chilled.
- 6Stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
- 7Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- 8Note: The use of the flour will help to give the ice cream body and smoothness.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Chocolate Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2000.6
- Calories from Fat 1403
- Total Fat 155.9 g
- Saturated Fat 95.3 g
- Cholesterol 661.7 mg
- Sodium 346.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 101.4 g
- Protein 30.5 g