A co-worker shared his mother's recipe. The sky is the limit because all the employees made this recipe using different flavored concentrates. I also made this recipe, using orange concentrate and grated orange zest on top, it was also fantastic. Although, you will need to freeze this overnight, it is the fastest dessert you will ever make. It makes two pies and you will be glad you have two because the first one will be gone in no time.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (can use fat-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (can use light)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (can use light)
- 2 prepared pie crusts (graham, shortbread, chocolate or whatever you desire)
- grated lime zest, for the top (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine thawed limeade and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add sour cream and whipped topping. Stir until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into each pie crust.
- Top with grated lime zest, if desired.
- Place in freezer and freeze pies overnight.
We've made this a few times and love it! So smooth and creamy and very yummy! Our favorite so far is the Lime but I want to try Pink Lemonade next time. We often make mini pies and keep in the freezer and can take out as many as we need at a time.
A light, refreshing summer dessert that only took 5 minutes to put together! I used a pre-made shortbread crust for this pie and it turned out good! Will definitely make again!
Absolutely delicious! I took one pie to a friend and ate the other by myself!