1/2 Photos of Everyday Living Lemon Squares
1 hr 25 mins
Peggy Lynn's Note:
I quickly wrote the ingredients and directions down as these were being prepared on a local television program. I believe it was Martha Stewart's Everyday Living. Posted here as they look delicious and I don't want to lose the recipe! Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Crust
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in tablespoon sized pieces (cold)
For The Filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about five lemons)
For the topping
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and grease lightly.
- 3Combine flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar and salt that are listed as crust ingredients-either by hand or pulse several times in a food processor.
- 4Add cold butter and process in machine or by hand until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Press into bottom of pan and a little way up the sides of pan to give it a little extra crust.
- 6Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes in 350°F preheated oven. Remove from oven and reduce oven heat to 325°F.
- 8For the filling, beat the four large eggs, then add sugar and mix that in well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, mix well and add to bowl containing eggs and sugar.
- 9Mix well again and to that add your 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice, mix until blended.
- 10Pour batter evenly over your baked crust.
- 11Bake in the preheated 325 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, checking after 20 for doneness.
- 12When out of the oven and cooled sprinkle the top of the squares with sifted powdered sugar to taste, lift the parchment paper out of the pan, and cut into squares.
- 13Number of squares depends on how large you want them to be.
- 14*Cook time reflects 15 minutes for chilling the crust*.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Everyday Living Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 179.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g