Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was searching 'Zaar to find a recipe to make mango frozen yoghurt as a "birthday cake" for my fiance. After weeding out all those that required ice-cream makers and other equipment that his kitchen doesn't have, I got to "Healthy for them" yogurt popsicles. From there, I anglicised the ingredients (I've never seen frozen fruit concentrate over here) and re-worked the ratios to create this. 3/4 pint of yoghurt = 500g = one big tub - I couldn't face entering a recipe which called for 285ml of stuff! You could probably use something like vanilla yoghurt with chopped fruit if you can't find the right flavour.
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 1⁄2 pint fruit juice
- 3⁄4 pint fruit yogurt
- Place yoghurt in mixing bowl and add milk slowly, stirring it in as you go.
- Now add the fruit juice slowly, again stirring it in as you go.
- If you don't add it slowly, it will be harder to mix in because it will slosh everywhere!
- place in a freezer container and give it one last stir.
- Freeze for about 5 hours.
- Stirring it about every half hour or so will break up any large ice crystals that form, so you'll have a smoother finished product.
This was excellent! I used strawberry yoghurt with Stawberry Fruit juice and it turned out great. Next time I think I will try peach. The consistency was a little chunkier than frozen yoghurt from the store, but that was probably due to my lack of stirring as the recipe stated. The taste was gorgeous though and I will be trying this one again very soon! Thanks Hels!!