Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from the side of a Bisquick box. The shortcakes are so good and you can eat on them for days, if they last that long.
- 2 1⁄3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- sweetened sliced strawberry
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, sugar and butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping. (Sweeten strawberries before making shortcakes so sugar has time to dissolve; for each quart of sliced strawberries, stir in 1/2 cup sugar.).
Very tasty and exactly what I was looking for from our Boston times.
Easy, quick and delicious! What could be better? This recipe is definitely a keeper. These took longer to bake than the recipe indicated, I baked mine for about 16-18 minutes, and they were only getting golden brown on the edges, not all the way across the top. I was afraid of overbaking them. I think this would be good with other fruit too, like peaches or other berries.
When I want strawberry shortcake, this is my go to recipe for the shortcake. My mother always used Bisquick to make her shortcake, and for me, this is the best! I mean, whose going to argue with Mom?