4 hrs 10 mins
Thick, rich, and creamy, and with a texture to rival (or even surpass) homemade ice cream from a machine. Seriously. My machine-made ice cream often turns out a little icy, but this doesn't. Just dense creaminess. And it's super simple to make. If you can operate a hand mixer, you can make this. "Cooking" time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened fruit puree (or other flavorings, see note below)
- 1In a large bowl, mix condensed milk and fruit puree/flavorings thoroughly.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- 3Fold whipping cream into condensed milk mixture, along with any stir-ins (like cookie pieces, fruit chunks, candy, etc.) that you desire.
- 4Pour into a plastic or metal container (not glass), cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Scoop and enjoy!
- 5Makes about 1 1/2 pints (3 cups).
- 6Note on flavorings: Fruit puree or a strong fruit juice (even concentrate) works well, but be sure it’s unsweetened or relatively sour or your ice cream will be too sweet. Lemon juice works great, as does margarita mix; top with crushed pretzels when serving for a salty-sweet treat. Or use brewed coffee or tea. If using tea, steep 3 teabags in 1/3 cup of hot water for about 5-7 minutes and press the water out of the teabags when removing them. I just made an excellent chamomile tea ice cream this way; it had a lovely, delicate flavor.
- 7Another note: I've heard you can substitue Cool Whip for the whipping cream--I'd go with about 1 1/2 to 2 cups--but as I haven't tried it myself, I can't vouch for the results. It would make it lower fat and easier to put together, but the texture might suffer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Spectacular Freezer Ice Cream - No Machine Needed!
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 99.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: