Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is easy to prepare and really good! You can use Cool Whip topping in place of the whipping cream if desired. I like to top each slice with a spoonful of crushed pineapple before serving.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup butter, divided and softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine graham wafer crumbs with 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Pat into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl, cream 1/2 cup softened butter with icing sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, beat well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into cooled crust.
- In a bowl, combine/fold the whipped cream with VERY well drained crushed pineapple.
- Spread over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Not sure I'd want to make this as it has raw eggs in the finished product.
For taste i would give this 5 stars, but it gave me a really bad tummy ache :( i think it was too much sugar for me. But my boyfriend loved it and he ate the whole thing! so i didn't have to try and eat it myself. i'm a salt lover, he loves sugar...i guess that's maybe why i couldn't stomach it. it was really tasty though!
This is a slightly different variation on a dessert I used to make...a very nice variation indeed! (I used to spread the pineapple over the filling, then top with whipped cream, and used a vanilla wafer crust.) Pineapple needs to be very, very well drained for this version before mixing with whipped cream. Excellent and light! Thanks for this.