1 hr 20 mins
Recipe comes from friends Hazel and Sarah, TRUE! Gave permission to share with you too! This was TERRIFIC, so EASY to do! I hope you'll try it and do a review!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan; boil 15 - 20 minutes and let cool.
- 2Crush walnuts and add cinnamon in blender.
- 3Melt butter in saucepan.
- 4When pastry is at room temperature, use 1/2 of one 375g pack and place it in rectangluar pan; is ok is filo folds back over itself.
- 5Brush with butter
- 6Sprinkle 1/2 of the walnuts; spread across pastry.
- 7Repeat process with other 1/2 of the 375g pack.
- 8Repeat process again with the SECOND pack of 375g filo pastry as stated above; finish with pastry layer.
- 9Using a SHARP knife, cut pastry into diagonal shape
- 10Pour remaining melted butter slowly over pastry.
- 11Cook in preheated oven at 170C for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Remove from oven; wait 5 minutes and pour syrup mixture over baklava.
- 13When is completely cool, you can serve.
- 14HINT HINT -- I enjoy it while still warm!
- 15Recipe is IDEAL for freezing!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 182.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g