Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy to make and yummy truffle. You can add different flavorings to make them uniquely yours! Great for gift giving - Melt in your mouth!! My kids and I do Christmas baskets full of nothing but homemade goodies - this is one of the favorites! (My cooking time is actual time "assembling" the truffles) Servings are approx - depends on how many you give to each person and how many you eat while making them :-) I usually get about 50 from each batch.
- 1 lb milk chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury or betty crocker supreme milk chocolate frosting
- 1 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream (Or any flavoring extract ie rum, brandy, lemon, almond, etc)
- 1 lb white chocolate bark (for dipping, to coat truffles)
- Melt 1 Lb milk chocoate in top of double boiler over hot water (or in Microwave).
- Stir until evenly melted.
- Add the can of frosting and the Baileys or flavoring/extract.
- Blend well, mixture may start to thicken.
- Chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Use spoon or melon baller to scoop mixture in to hand.
- For dipping chocolate, I buy white chocolate bark but you can use white chocolate chips, candy melts, or just roll them in coconut, cocoa powder, mini choc chips, sprinkles, etc.
- Melt the bark or white chocolate according to pkg instructions.
- Dip each ball in white chocolate to coat.
- We drizzle a tiny"design" of dark chocolate over the top of the truffles to make them pretty.
I made these at Christmas for the family and they were devoured! They are SO good and easy to make. I made Baileys and I also made some with peppermint as the extract for chocolate mint and used chocolate as the dip and sprinkled the top w/ crushed peppermints. SO GOOD!!!
What's not to like? Amazing recipe!