Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast, easy fruit cobbler with minimal work - I found this on another website a while back and we make it all the time. You can use any canned fruit, like peaches (omit extra liquid) or canned pie filling. The dry cake mix soaks up the liquid from the fruit and the butter to make a yummy cobbler-like crust. It's a crowd pleaser right out of the oven with ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour fruit (do not drain) into ungreased 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Add juice or water to fruit (only if using pie filling instead of canned fruit in syrup).
- Pour dry cake mix on top of fruit.
- Top with melted butter.
- Bake approx 20 - 30 minutes uncovered until golden brown.
This was good but very sweet for me. I followed the recipe and used the water. I also topped mine with cinnamon. It took a half and hour to bake in my oven.
I can't believe I haven't rated this one! I found this recipe a while back and have made it SEVERAL times! My dad and brother request it every chance they get. As a matter of fact, my dad asked for this instead of a cake for his birthday this year! The only change I make is to add quite a bit of cinnamon to the apples. Thanks for an awesomely easy and delicious recipe!
I made this tonight and it was a huge hit! Everyone had seconds and there's not much left :-) Thanks for an easy to assemble take on an old favorite.