This is so easy and very yummy. I have seen so many dump cakes, but non with toasted coconut, so I thought I would post it. This takes about 5 minutes to make and then just let it bake. mmmmm.... it's so good!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spread whole can of pie filling in a 13X9 baking pan.
- Spread whole can of crushed pineapple over pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pie filling and pineapple.
- Spoon butter over the mix until it's even over the whole cake.
- Sprinkle coconut until it's well coated.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream if you like.
I made this and added one cup of chopped pecans mixed with 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar over the top of the fruit (I used peach pie filling). Continued with the recipe as written and this turned out AWESOME! There are so many possibilities with this recipe and have come up with some ideas I want to try like Black Forest Dump Cake using cherry pie filling, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and a devils food cake mix (omit the pineapple and use maybe the juice of a bottle of cherries for the needed moisture).
Like Sarah said, I, too had never had a dump cake with coconut. It was very good. I used apple pie filling but I think any flavor would work great. Thanks for posting. Prepared for PAC spring '08.
This was very good. The only thing I will change next time is to use 2 cans of preaches. The pineapple overpowered the preaches a little.