1/2 Photos of Divine Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
This ice cream is so rich and creamy! This recipe is for the custard base which then needs to be processed in an ice cream maker, but it is more than worth it! A lighter version can be made with half and half. I use the 16oz container of frozen strawberries and syrup in place of the strawberry puree and fresh strawberries. Or leave them out for sinfully rich cheesecake ice cream! Cook time is based on your ice cream maker and does not include time needed to cool the batter.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) container frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium high heat just to the point where it begins to foam up then remove from heat.
- 2Meanwhile, in a stainless steel bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolks, and sugar until light and fluffy (about two minutes).
- 3Slowly pour the heated cream into the mixture, be sure to continue whisking constantly so that the eggs do not curdle, strain out any lumps before the next step.
- 4Place the bowl over a saucepan of water and, stirring constantly, cook until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon (the film of custard on the back of the spoon, when raised, should stay in place even when you draw a line through it with your finger).
- 5Immediately remove the custard from the heat and stir to cool so it does not overcook.
- 6Stir in the vanilla extract and the strawberry puree.
- 7Cover and allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate several hours.
- 8Process the cold custard in your ice cream machine according to your manufacturer's instructions.
- 9Once made, stir in fresh chopped strawberries if desired and store in freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divine Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1059 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 997.6
- Calories from Fat 684
- Total Fat 76.0 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 447.7 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 67.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g