Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister made this during my visit. I'm not a chocolate lover but this was delicious! We ate it with sliced apples, bananas, strawberries, crisp cookies, pretzels, and cubed poundcake! My times are probably off as I've never prepared this myself ... just enjoyed my sister's efforts :)
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and butter.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add morsels. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly. Then transfer to a fondue pot or ceramic bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat in microwave, 30 seconds, stir -- another 30 seconds, stir -- repeat until heated. Do not microwave for a longer time; you may burn the fondue.
EASY and decadent! I whipped up a batch of this easily for a baby shower. Everyone loved it and kept going back for more. Thick, creamy, but didn't get too hard as it cooled off. I really appreciated that I didn't have to measure/weigh out the chocolate chips, just a bag each. (Of course, I noticed recently that many companies are going to 11.5 oz bags. GRRRRR) Thank you so much for this recipe!
I made this for our holiday party. It was exactly what I wanted - just so decadent and rich! I served it with mandarin orange slices, pineapple chunks, cherries, strawberries, pretzel sticks, marshmallows, and angel food cake pieces to dip. Wonderful recipe, thanks!
This was delicious! Easy to prepare & so yummy! We served with strawberries and pretzels at a bridal shower and everyone loved it! Thank you!