Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The city I live in is very Danish. These are a popular item at most bakeries at least once a week.
Make and share this Danish Pastry Apple Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Add enough milk to the yolk to make 2/3 cup.
- Add to flour, mix to blend.
- Divide dough in two.
- Roll 1 batch to fit a 15x10-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with corn flakes.
- Combine apple slices, 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Place evenly on crust.
- Roll out other batch and place on top.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- Beat egg white until stiff and brush over crust.
- Bake at 400°F for 50- 60 minutes.
- While baking, mix remaining ingredients.
- When done remove pie squares from oven--cool only slightly.
- Frost with glaze while still warm.
Are these great or what!!! Didn't know what to think using cornflakes =0 but it came out sooo good. Made these for friends visiting from WV and they took the recipe with them! Thanks for posting.
These squares shouldn't be on the sidelines. They are a winning recipe that my whole family really enjoyed! Great for a special breakfast indulgence and one you will love!