1 hr 15 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This traditional recipe is normally served with Kirschsosse or Vanillesosse. This is from my grandmother's recipe box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure you are using a heavy 10-inch skillet with a tight fitting lid for the final process.
- 2Scald 1/2 cup milk. Meanwhile soften yeast in 2 tbsp warm water. Set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and salt. Immediately pour scaled milk over ingredients in bowl. When lukewarm, blend mixture beating in the 1 cup flour until smooth. Stir in the yeast mixture as well mixing well.
- 4Measure and sift 2 cups flour and add to dumpling mixture. Beat until smooth. Beat the eggs til well mixed then add.
- 5Add remaining flour in small amounts to create a soft dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and let rest 10 minute.
- 6Knead until smooth and then turn into a greased deep bowl. Turn dough to bring greased surface to top. Cover with waxed paper and a towel and let stand in a warm place (about 80F) until dough has doubled (about 1 1/2 hrs).
- 7Punch down then turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Cover with waxed paper and a towel and let rise on rolling surface until balls have doubled (about 1-1 1/2 hrs).
- 8TO COOK: Put in to the skillet the 1 1/2 cups milk, butter and sugar.
- 9Put about 8 of the balls into the skillet. Do not set them to close together. Refrigerate remaining balls until ready to cook.
- 10Cover and cook over high heat until steam appears. Reduce heat and cook for 30 minute Do not remove cover during cooking.
- 11Carefully remove dumplings with a slotted spoon to serving dishes and serve with Kirschesosse or Vanillesosse.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dampfnudln (Steamed Sweet Dumplings)
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g