1/1 Photo of Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
The Big Cheese's Note:
A delicious and easy-to-make treat for Easter or any time of year. I was surprised at how quickly these came together. Use tinted coconut for “nests” for your eggs if desired. Do not use a lowfat or generic brand of peanut butter for this recipe. I recommend Jif’s Extra Crunchy. I also recommend you use a very good quality chocolate chip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and crunchy peanut butter.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in the cereals.
- 3Drop by a tablespoon onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil that has been lightly sprayed with PAM or other non-stick spray. When cool enough to handle, spray your hands with PAM and shape each dropful into egg shape.
- 4Refrigerate until firm.
- 5Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave or in a double boiler, whichever you prefer. Stir until smooth and completely melted.
- 6Dip eggs in chocolate, turning to coat, and allowing excess to drip off.
- 7Place on cookie sheet and decorate with candy sprinkles. Let stand until set.
- 8Place in a decorative arrangement onto tinted coconut on a tray.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (1618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1908.7
- Calories from Fat 768
- Total Fat 85.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 856.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 292.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 183.5 g
- Protein 29.3 g