Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother got this recipe from some ladies at her church. It's a quick and convenient dessert. When I take this to church dinners it's always consumed.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Slice each apple into four pieces; you will have a total of 16 pieces.
- Roll an applie piece in each crescent roll starting at the wide end of the crescent roll.
- Place in baking pan with the seam side down.
- Pour orange juice in the pan.
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- Add butter to dish.
- Put the cup of sugar evenly over tops of apples that are wrapped in crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle cinnamon lightly on tops.
- Bke until crescent rolls are lightly browned about 45-60 minutes.
I make these all the time for hubby - his favorite grab and go!!
Made this with Paula Red apples just picked, very good, easy. Next time I would put some cinnamon on the apples before rolling them up in the crescents, and maybe some in the juice-butter mixture as well, since it was a little bland as written. A crowd-pleaser!
I first learned of this recipe from a co-worker, but lost it, so I searched and found this recipe. I fixed it for a group at church and was actually offered money to fix it again. I used Mountain Dew instead of the orange juice since that is what I remembered my co-worker used and also was planning to double the recipe,however changed my mind, but forgot I had already melted my butter, so I used a whole cup of butter. It turned out fabulous.