1 hr 5 mins
A super dessert. I like to have the leftovers next day for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line two 1-quart tin charlotte molds with caramel: Dissolve 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons water in each mold by swirling the water into the sugar.
- 2Do not stir.
- 3Cover mold and place on low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Uncover and raise heat.
- 5Boil syrup until it begins to turn a golden color.
- 6Swirl pan over heat, and when desired caramel color is reached, remove from heat and plunge bottom of mold into cold water for a few seconds to stop the cooking.
- 7Swirl the caramel around the sides of the mold and invert on a plate to cool.
- 8Preheat oven to 325°.
- 9Simmer the cream and milk with the vanilla for 5 minutes.
- 10Beat the remaining 1 cup sugar into the eggs and yolks and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- 11Gradually, add the hot milk and cream, beating continually.
- 12Strain the mixture into the prepared molds.
- 13Put the molds in a pan and pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the molds.
- 14Bake for about 45 minutes, or until custard is firm.
- 16To unmold, run a sharp knife around the edge of the custard.
- 17Put the serving dish over the mold and quickly invert.
- 18Pour the remaining caramel around the custard.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Caramel
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 412.8 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: