Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A super dessert. I like to have the leftovers next day for breakfast.
Make and share this Creme Caramel recipe from Food.com.
- Line two 1-quart tin charlotte molds with caramel: Dissolve 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons water in each mold by swirling the water into the sugar.
- Do not stir.
- Cover mold and place on low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Uncover and raise heat.
- Boil syrup until it begins to turn a golden color.
- Swirl pan over heat, and when desired caramel color is reached, remove from heat and plunge bottom of mold into cold water for a few seconds to stop the cooking.
- Swirl the caramel around the sides of the mold and invert on a plate to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Simmer the cream and milk with the vanilla for 5 minutes.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup sugar into the eggs and yolks and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually, add the hot milk and cream, beating continually.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared molds.
- Put the molds in a pan and pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the molds.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until custard is firm.
- To unmold, run a sharp knife around the edge of the custard.
- Put the serving dish over the mold and quickly invert.
- Pour the remaining caramel around the custard.