1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A nice change from plain rice pudding. Next time you make plain steamed rice, make extra to use in this recipe. Cook time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, softened in warm water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- ground nutmeg
- 1In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over juice; let stand 1 minute.
- 2Over low heat, stir about 2 minutes, until gelatin dissolves.
- 3In medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring rice, milk, sugar and cranberries to a boil; remove from heat.
- 4Stir gelatin mixture and vanilla into rice mixture; cool 10 minutes.
- 5Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- 6Chill at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg. Top each serving with a dollop of thawed whipped topping if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cranberry Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 50.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping