Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
YUMMY! sounds like a good recipe for kids in the summer
Make and share this Creamy Cantaloupe Pops recipe from Food.com.
- Place cantaloupe in a blender.
- Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream and sugar.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in pureed cantaloupe.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each mold (popsicle mold or 3 oz. plastic cups); insert the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until firm.
These freezer pops are wonderfully refreshing on a hot day. I made exactly as directed and used my Push Pop-Up molds. I love having new ways to use cantaloupe and this recipe is a great one! Thanks, ocurt Schrock!
I made this yesterday. Since I didn't have popsicle sticks or anything that would work well for a popsicle mold, I just poured the mix into an ice cube tray. Even though my cantaloupe wasn't all that sweet, the final product turned out a little sweeter than I would have preferred. Next time, I think I will reduce the sugar some and consider using either honeydew or strawberries in lieu of the cantaloupe. But that's just a matter of personal preference. I will definitely be keeping this recipe around to experiment with. Thanks!
These were great! They remind me of a Weiss Bar that we have in Australia - the kids loved them too