This is a tart, nutty, tangy, sweet, cake with a hint of spice. You can make a loaf or muffins. Loaded with fresh cranberries, pecans, and ginger.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk (Give buttermilk a try)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 ounce crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- In a food processor cream butter and sugar, add eggs then vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda& salt.
- Add to food processor.
- Process while adding milk through tube.
- Quickly add optional ingredients pulsing 2-3 times.
- Coat cranberries with the 2 teaspoon of flour and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon fold into batter.
- Pour into muffin tins or greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees or till toothpick comes out clean. Less time for muffins about 25-30 minutes.