Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from my husband's home economics class from 1979. We love it. I especially love to eat it warm.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in double boiler.
- Gradually stir in milk, stir well.
- Place the mixture over boiling water stirring constantly for 12 minutes, until it begins to thicken.
- Cover and let cook for ten minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs with an electric beater.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the cooked mixture into the beaten eggs very gradually while continuing to beat mixture with electric mixture.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Pour egg into cooked mixture.
- Stir well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When slightly cooled, stir gently, and add vanilla.