This is from my husband's home economics class from 1979. We love it. I especially love to eat it warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in double boiler.
- 2Gradually stir in milk, stir well.
- 3Place the mixture over boiling water stirring constantly for 12 minutes, until it begins to thicken.
- 4Cover and let cook for ten minutes.
- 5Beat 2 eggs with an electric beater.
- 6Stir 1/2 cup of the cooked mixture into the beaten eggs very gradually while continuing to beat mixture with electric mixture.
- 7Repeat 3 times.
- 8Pour egg into cooked mixture.
- 9Stir well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11When slightly cooled, stir gently, and add vanilla.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornstarch Custard Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 223.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g